And the fashion cycle turns: The best of the Fall preview collections.
Building A Runway-Worthy Wardrobe
With the beginning of Fall Fashion Week less than a month away, it’s a great time to re-cap the preview collections that lead up to that Super Bowl of fashion. While pre-Spring offerings are referred to as Resort, the clothing selections that come before Fall are simply known as Pre-Fall.
Running December through January, Pre-Fall 2014 is an opportunity to anticipate the major trends of the Fall Fashion Weeks. Retailers can begin to plan their Fall orders and the world can debate the hot colors, hem lengths and shoe styles of Fall. Most importantly Pre-Fall 2014 helps the fashionistas of the world begin their wish list of must-have pieces. Here are our top 20 picks.
Sadly, most of these designer duds won’t come in double digit sizes for the plus size frame. But we’re confident all you curvy fashion girls out there can take these hints and trends and work them into your Fall closet.
The 20 best pieces from Pre-Fall 2014:
- Gucci: short-sleeved brown leather work shirt
- Prabal Gurung: colorful bow and origami ruffle front blouses
- Burberry Prorsum: black and white monuments graphic tee
- Nina Ricci: black leather and lace baseball jacket
- Giorgio Armani: snake print hooded crop jacket
- Vera Wang: olive green car coat with bejeweled collar and pockets
- Derek Lam: camel blazer with breast pockets
- Vionnet: grey and pink fair isle sweater
- Louis Vuitton: random sequin appliqué dresses
- Giorgio Armani: long sleeve cocktail dress with belted keyhole neck
- Jason Wu: vintage style bias cut silk gowns
- Reem Acra: vibrantly colored party dresses
- Preen: midi length shirt dress
- Givenchy: long sleeved black tuxedo pantsuit
- Erdem: short sleeved black lace pantsuit with white turtle neck
- Antonio Berardi: rich brocade pants
- The Row: black menswear style trousers
- Rag and Bone: tuxedo style sweat pants
- Michael Kors: paisley ankle crop pants with matching loafers
- Alexander Wang: way over-the-knee riding and cowboy boots
© 2013 ThirdGen Media, LLC dba TheRunway+ (TheRunwayPlus.com)