“Must Have” picks for the plus size fashion fanatic. Clothing. Beauty. Shoes. Accessories.
Plus Size Prom Gown
If you’re sixteen then this is our very favorite plus size prom gown find for this year’s teenage gala season. If you’re the mom or big sister of a sixteen year-old then this is our very favorite, um, dress up just because gown.
Equally at home in a theme-decorated gymnasium, the local Hilton or a Spring Junior League event, this plus size prom gown from David’s Bridal is simple but far from plain in chic black and white. The cut-out details in front (and back!) will mature it up just the right amount for the youth set, while sprinkling a dash of youthful sass on the “wiser” wearer. And with its flowing and loosely pleated skirt and bold black sash, this plus size prom gown is also right on the season’s ballet trend.
Check out how we would style this plus size prom gown romantic or edgy. But however you wear it, you must pair it with a chic up-do. Your long locks may be lovely, but this cutout back and color blocked detail deserves to be seen! What’s your favorite prom look this year?
How we would style it:
Romantic = David’s Bridal black & white plus size prom gown +
- Messy braided up-do
- Corso Como ballet wrap satin flats in blush
- KOTUR white, blush and off-white beaded Margo Vachetta clutch
- BaubleBar.com Neptune gold and crystal earrings
- Lanvin champagne crystal oversized heart ring
- Bottega Veneta gold cherub ring
Vixen = David’s Bridal black & white plus size prom gown +
- Sleek ponytail up-do
- Burberry black and chainmaille evening sandals
- Diane von Furstenburg black, grey and white snakeskin print clutch
- BaubleBar.com smoky grey fray crystal earrings
- Pamela Love feather ear cuff
- Valentino black rock stud cuffs on each wrist
© 2014 ThirdGen Media, LLC dba TheRunway+ (TheRunwayPlus.com)