Death and taxes. And Fashion Week.
2015 Spring Fashion Week
The Must-See Shows
Talk about multi-tasking! Just when your brain starts down-shifting from Summer and considering all the fashionable possibilities of Fall, here comes Spring Fashion Week. Part of the International Fashion circuit, this annual crystal ball event will set the trends for next year’s Spring and Summer seasons and sends fashion editors, buyers and bloggers globe-trotting from New York to London, Milan and Paris.
Ah, to be a front-row sitter: taking in the most sought after designers while dressed to the nines and trading stylish whispers with celebs and the fashion glitterati. #yes,please! But even if first-class-ing it across Europe isn’t in your September future, never fear. If you do nothing else, make sure to check out these 8 must-see shows from 2015 Spring Fashion Week. From politics to rap songs to plus size fashion, these brands are making headlines.
- Christian Dior: Because Raf Simons is on fire.
- Louis Vuitton – Because Nicolas Ghesquière is trying to revive Vuitton as a ready-to-wear brand.
- J. Crew: Because this mall retailer has really raised the bar on accessible fashion.
- Burberry: Because Christopher Bailey’s making bank with his $17M pay day.
- Lela Rose: Because her recently announced collab with Lane Bryant means more real plus size fashion.
- John Galliano: Because he is trying to recover from a fall from grace.
- Project Runway: Because discovering new talent is a beautiful thing.
- Tom Ford: Because it’s hard to top having your own Jay Z song.
If you’ve got nothing but time, here’s the round up of all the top runway shows of 2015 Spring Fashion Week from New York to Paris.
New York Fashion Week: September 4 – September 11
- Thursday, 9/4: BCBG Max Azria, Tadashi Shoji, Marissa Webb
- Friday, 9/5: Project Runway, Rebecca Minkoff, Nicole Miller,Monique L’Huillier
- Saturday, 9/6: Lacoste, Hervé Léger
- Sunday, 9/7: DKNY
- Monday, 9/8: Carolina Herrera, Lela Rose, Donna Karan, Reem Acra
- Tuesday, 9/9: Tory Burch, J.Crew, Badgley Mischka, Jenny Packham, Naeem Khan
- Wednesday, 9/10: Hugo Boss
- Thursday, 9/11: Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, J Mendel
London Fashion Week: September 12 – September 16
- Saturday, 9/13: Marchesa, House of Holland, Julien Macdonald
- Sunday, 9/14: Preen, Marios Schwab, Temperley London, Vivienne Westwood Red, Mulberry, Topshop Unique
- Monday, 9/15: Antonio Berardi, Roksanda Ilincic, Christopher Kane, Erdem, Burberry, Peter Pilotto, Tom Ford
- Tuesday, 9/16: Anya Hindmarch
Milan Fashion Week: September 17 – September 22
- Wednesday, 9/17: Alberta Ferretti, Gucci
- Thursday, 9/18: Max Mara, Emporio Armani, Fendi, Prada, Moschino, Costume National
- Friday, 9/19: Tod’s, Versace, Missoni
- Saturday, 9/20: Bottega Veneta, Giorgio Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Emilio Pucci, Jil Sander
- Sunday, 9/21: Marni, Salvatore Ferragamo
Paris Fashion Week: September 23 – October 1
- Wednesday, 9/24: Alexis Mabille, Dries Van Noten, Rochas, Vionnet, Balenciaga
- Thursday, 9/25: Carven, Balmain, Nina Ricci, Lanvin
- Friday, 9/26: Christian Dior, Isabel Marant, Maison Martin Margiela
- Saturday, 9/27: Haider Ackermann, Viktor & Rolf, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Acne Studios, Vivienne Westwood
- Sunday, 9/28: Céline, Chloé, John Galliano, Givenchy, Kenzo, Givenchy
- Monday, 9/29: Stella McCartney, Giambattista Valli, Elie Saab, Saint Laurent, Emanuel Ungaro
- Tuesday, 9/30: Chanel, Valentino, Alexander McQueen
- Wednesday, 10/1: Louis Vuitton, Hermès, Miu Miu
© 2014 ThirdGen Media, LLC dba TheRunway+ (TheRunwayPlus.com)
Sources / Photo Credits:
www.modeaparis.com, www.londonfashionweek.co.uk, www.mbfashionweek.com, www.cameramoda.it