No longer reserved for goofy holiday contests or the class nerd, sweaters are enjoying a moment. Move over Mr. Rogers.
Plus Size Sweaters
Cozy and comfortable: two words that are undeniably associated with the sweater. Hip, luxurious or sexy? Not so much. Poor sweater, until recently it was seen as just a piece of utilitarian clothing to protect from the cold weather elements.
But after years on the D-L, more and more brands are catching on to the inherent appeal of this hot item. Some designers are even boosting the basic sweatshirt from second-string sport apparel to a slammin’ sweater variety. With sumptuous knits, seductive softness and titillating texture, sweaters can be the perfect canvas for seriously cool design. A dash of sparkling embellishment and poof: fancy sweater. Weave it out of luxe fabric and shazaam: a high brow sweatshirt. Insert a sheer panel and bam: serious sweater sex appeal. Who knew?
Check out some of our favorite plus size sweaters and pair them with jeans for a casual day, sequins for a night out or under a blazer for workday. This year, branch out from the same old merino knit and try a wickedly stylin’ plus size sweater on for size.
- Bloomingdale’s cashmere sweater with pearl buttons
- ASOS Curve sequin star shoulder sweater
- Michael Michael Kors leather pocket turtleneck poncho
- City Chic sequin sports number sweater
- DKNY Jeans floral sweatshirt
- Lafayette 148 NY leather pocket flannel vest
- Torrid cropped sweater
- Calvin Klein Birdeye print sweater
- Johnny Was Nova Navajo print cardigan
- Simply Be “Follow Your Heart” sweater
Sources / Photo Credits:
Images from asos.com, bloomingdales.com, lafayette148ny.com