Unless you’re lucky enough to be chillin’ in California, Florida or the Caribbean, it’s a safe bet that you’re still deep in the freezing, snowy, cold-as-heck anti-bliss called Winter.
The Perfect Plus Size Coat
One way to beat back the Winter blues? A sweet new plus size coat to mix up your cold-weather routine and make the best out of the last few weeks of wicked Winter cold.
5 tips for picking a great mid-Winter piece:
1. 50 Shades. It’s not just a steamy bestseller. Neutral but far from basic, grey is a legit powerhouse color in fashion and interior design and it’s a perfect choice for a killer coat.
2. Color, color, color. Or, bright blue, Army green or pale pink are all great alternatives to the basic brown and black. And, provide a great way to dress up a monochrome outfit or LBD.
3. Accents. A belt, faux fur lining or buckles are to coats like olives are to martinis: the little add-on that makes all the difference.
4. Texture. Quilting goes a long way in making a coat unique. A quilted leather sleeve or puffer jacket is both sporty and elegant.
5. (A)Symmetry. Whether you go for the nice and even hem of an English walking coat or the modern look of an asymmetrical cape coat, the structure is the thing. Go for interesting but don’t sacrifice function.