A little delayed, but it’s here! The cold January weather is in full swing and we’re here to help you beat that dry, winter skin. A DIY peppermint scrub like this one is great to keep your skin looking its best and works as great gifts for those you might have forgotten over the holidays. Check out the scrub that’s so good you’ll want to keep it for yourself.
Contributing Writer, Melissa Watkins
What you’ll need
- An 8oz mason jar
- 2 cups of sugar
- Food Coloring,
- Peppermint Essential oil
- Olive Oil
- Decorative Ribbon
- Additional ornaments for decoration
- Name tags
Lets get started:
- Separate sugar into two bowl, preferably glass bowls. One bowl will be used to color the sugar.
- Drop 5-7 drops of food coloring into the first bowl of sugar. Stir well adding more color as needed.
- After sugar is distributed, add a half a cup of olive oil; a half cup for each bowl. Stir well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to each bowl. Stir well.
- Start with your colored sugar. Use two or three tablespoons to fill the bottom of the mason jar. Tap the mason jar to level out the sugar mixture
- Continue to alternate colors until both bowls of sugar are empty, tapping along the way to get the most amount of sugar scrub in the mason jar.
- Screw the top on tightly, securing the mixture inside.
- Decorate the jar with a corresponding ribbon and ornament, Making each jar special for your guest.
This product lasts for quite a while and it doesn’t have to be refrigerated. You don’t have to use peppermint; you can use any other essential oil to make your product smell great. This pretty DIY product can also be used for decoration. What smells do you like? Create something authentic and share your DIY project with your friends!
Trying this or another DIY project? Tell us about it on Twitter @therunwayplus.